“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 29th - triggers

Today I will list my triggers of my desire for control, perfection, and the need for acceptance

My mother - she always expects more from me than I think I can do. She's my rock and I love her so much, but she pressures me into being ambitious and living a traditional, "normal" life. Since in my mind she's a perfect human being, I think I have to be like her..and it's overwhelming. I resent it. She can manage everything in her life and still be sane. I cant do that. She expects me to associate myself with educated, proper, and classy people - but I can't do that, because life is too messy to be walking around and faking a smile because it's the proper things to do. I want to feel something and be free and love everyone. I want to be with people that will make me happy- not be with people because they're decent, proper, polite people.

My father - For not being there when I need him. He's great a buying things for me, but as far as support.. there is none. As far as trust..there's none. I have always been trying my hardest to impress him and feel loved by him- but he'll always be a selfish, self absorbed, narcissist....and I'll always be dying for acceptance from him; for him to look at me and be genuinely proud of me. He's so judgmental that I feel like I have to do everything right- his way - for him. He complains too much about everything wrong that it seems nothing is right or will ever be right. I just want things to be wrong and for me to still be loved by him.

Society - there's this certain image that society portrays Americans to be. Beautiful hair, long thin legs, chiseled abs, and white teeth. Every human can't be that; it takes too much work. So I try to put in the effort to fit into our society because I feel like an outcast anyway. So I think if I'm beautiful than people will love me more inside and outside. Society also makes fun of anyone who is flawed; I don't want to be made fun of, so I try so desperately to avoid what everyone makes fun of: obesity.

No comments:

Post a Comment