“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 29th - goodnight

My mother has been gone all day with her boyfriend. They drove out to Rochester to drop off her boyfriend's son for college. I woke up this morning to her gone and she and her boyfriend came back at 8:00 pm. She treats me differently when I'm around her and him - which makes me feel like shit. She is stricter and whenever I act like myself (for example laughing loud or dancing to loud music) she'll give me the look - like I'm in trouble or I should stop. It happened from 8:00 until I couldn't handle it anymore at around 8:45. I consumed my last snack at 8:30. I had a slice of toast with peanut butter and jelly and a small piece of tilapia with tomatoes. She makes me feel self conscious. She makes me feel like I can't be myself...so I walk off and act angry, which gets her mad at me because I can't be angry in front of her boyfriend. Maybe because we're supposed to act perfect in front of him. Maybe I'm not allowed to show emotion...then I cry. Crying is why I was leaving the room. Anger is the coverup. After I'm done crying, I'm still not satisfied- because I feel pathetic and useless and unimportant for two reasons: 1. She's been gone all day with a man and his kids 2. Maybe I'm not important anymore. Maybe him and his kids are her new family. Maybe she has a new happy ending. And what makes me even sadder is that I really don't care. So I puke up the fish and tomatoes and keep going until the toilet water is brown and I taste peanut butter, wheat, and jelly in my mouth. It's a lot easier to engage in self harming behaviors when you have nothing to lose. I have nothing - or so it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment