“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Thursday, September 27, 2012

September 27th

I wake up, it's my birthday - I start breakfast, I'm not hungry but I eat anyway. I can only finish half the plate. The rest I put the fridge for later. I'm a bodybuilder now; bodybuilders eat. Everything goes according to plan on my 18th birthday until eight o'clock in the evening. I pour some Cheerios into a bowl, take a bite, dump the rest. I'm starving but if I eat I might purge or cry or both. I think of going back; back to starving, binging, diuretics, cigarettes, appetite suppressants, fat burners, tea and gum instead of food. I think about cocaine, crystal meth, ipecac syrup (which induces vomiting), and laxatives. I think about my irregular heart beat that even now could fail on me. I think about my poor  esophagus and ulcers that could for in my stomach from purging. I think about the kidney problems from the diuretics, and the knee problems from compulsive exercise. Lastly I think about how I am 18; I think about my family and friends and my future and I know if I did go back I would die this time, because escaping death the first time was a miracle.

I wonder about my future and that scares me. I think about failure. I think about making so many people unhappy. I think about death and God. I cannot die, because I'm too afraid. I have the will to live and the will to fight for love and life and friends and family. I cannot die now. A piece of me is giving up on everything because a part of me is afraid of life and losing control.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Dominic..i knw at times ths life seems just so tough to cope up nd endure..nd wid our obsessions making it more tiresome..but still its precious ,worth living..worth give it a try..we r young..so,still much more colorful surprises to come.. :) !

    ReplyDelete