“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Friday, September 21, 2012

September 21st - part 2

I'm holding on to my eating disorder because it serves as an excuse, as a crutch. When I'm puking, binging, starving, getting high, and dying I have to think about that and only that. I don't have to think about how I mess up relationships, how I'm needy, lonely, ashamed, self loathing, insecure, and how I treat people like shit. When I'm in recovery, like I am now, I find myself thinking more about doing eating disorder behaviors when I don't want to deal with my problems or emotions or feelings or a tough day.

 I crave attention. I like being liked...I give people an attitude to make them not like me so they have an excuse not to so I can say "see I'm giving you a reason not to like me." If I didn't give a reason I'd be trying to figure out why people don't like me anyway. It's all a contradiction. An attitude for me is simply a defensive mechanism for getting hurt. When I'm hurt I just give someone an attitude. I become an asshole. All because i''m extremely sensitive and insecure. 

Someday I wish I could go back because living with an eating disorder is a lot easier than dealing with life and growing up. An eating disorder for me is also not wanting to grow up and be treated like a typical person. So I regress trying to be that young kid where everything I do and say is cute. Eating disorders make people regress sometimes - another tactic to escape reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment